Enrollment & Registration
To register for school, a new student must be:
- a resident of the District (proof of residency required) - if you are not a resident of the district, please see open enrollment instructions below
- between the ages of 5 and 21 years
- 5 years old on or before October 1 for kindergarten or 6 years old on or before October 1 for first grade
The new student must have:
- a birth certificate or its equivalent
- up-to-date immunization records or statement of exemption
- evidence of a recent physical examination is requested
- name, address, and telephone number of last school attended
To inquire about the operational hours for a school, please call the school directly. Elementary students attend approximately 6 hours and 30 minutes per day, and secondary students attend approximately 6 hours and 45 minutes per day.
There are no fees for regular instructional programs. Fees are charged for extra-curricular activities and special instructional program materials. Contact a specific school for more information.
Students who desire to attend a school or program outside of their designated attendance area may apply for Open Enrollment/Nonresidence authorization for the school or program of their choice. In order to apply, an Open Enrollment/Nonresident Application must be filled out.
To appeal an open enrollment decision, the following form must be filled out:
For additional information on open enrollment within the District, please reference the Board of Education's official policy and regulation:
Critical dates for the 2017-2018 school year
- December 1, 2016 to January 17, 2017: Submit applications
December 1 through January 17 is the period in which applications for open enrollment should be submitted to the requested school.
- February 7, 2017: Deadline to receive application status letter from school
Written status letters from the requested school will be sent to the applicant approving or denying the application by February 7.
- March 1, 2017: Deadline for school visit and open enrollment confirmation
Applicants who have been approved for open enrollment should visit the requested school by March 1 and confirm their desire to open enroll.
Open Enrollment Reminders
Not all schools allow open enrollment. Each year the Board of Education reviews school populations, enrollment projections, building capacities and staff sizes and determines which schools can permit open enrollment.
Students whose applications are denied or whose applications were submitted after the January 17 deadline will be added to the waitlist of the requested school. Board policy also provides the opportunity of appeal.
Maps & Boundaries
The District provides maps and boundaries to assist those looking for geographic information related to the St. Vrain Valley School District.
For additional information or questions about enrollment or registrationcontact the District Records Departments call 303-702-7910. For questions about open enrollment, please contact the District Planning Office at 303-682-7229.