You are hereHome » Concurrent Enrollment
Dear Students and Parents:
We are excited to learn that you are interested in exploring the option of concurrent enrollment with the St.Vrain Valley Schools! Enrolling in college coursework can be very exciting and challenging, especially if you have excelled in your classes at your high school. Our High School Concurrent Enrollment program offers a true college classroom experience. The students who succeed in their coursework earn college credit credit that may transfer to any college or university and they may apply to your graduation requirements. It is important that you and your parents consider the pros and cons involved in this program.
To enroll at an eligible post-secondary institution, you must have completed the minimum course prerequisites and all required assessments. For any questions related to Concurrent Enrollment, such as process, eligibility, and prerequisites, please work directly with your school counselor.
Please complete the following checklist and observe the important dates and deadlines in the table below.
- Meet with your School Counselor - Your counselor can share information about the Concurrent Enrollment Program that allows students in 11th and 12th grade to concurrently enroll in postsecondary courses. Please keep in mind that if you wish to take postsecondary courses, you must notify your counselor no later than 60 days before the end of the academic term that is immediately before the intended term of concurrent enrollment.
- Update your Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP) with your Counselor - Your counselor will examine your ICAP to approve moving forward with postsecondary courses or other challenging courses.
- Complete College in Colorado (CIC) Student Worksheet - The State requires all students enrolling in concurrent courses to complete the Concurrent Enrollment Student Worksheet located at CollegeInColorado.org
- Complete Assessment Testing - Colleges require students either take the Accuplacer exam or show qualifying ACT scores to enroll in courses. Consult your counselor and the college about testing accommodations and any course prerequisites that may be required.
- Complete your Online Registration Form - High schools will require you to submit a Concurrent Enrollment Program Agreement and Registration Form before enrolling into the postsecondary course(s). Once complete, check your email for the agreement form. You will need to print out the Agreement & Registration Signature page, complete it, and turn in to your counselor before your request will be considered.
- Complete Your College Application - Students must apply to the college they plan to attend. Meet with your counselor to make sure the application is completed correctly.
- Sign up for the College Opportunity Fund - The College Opportunity Fund (COF) stipend pays a portion of your total in-state tuition when you attend a Colorado public institution or a participating private institution. The stipend is paid on a per credit hour basis to the institution at which you are enrolled and will be deducted from the designated COF fund.
- Register for your Course(s) - Once you have completed this checklist and are approved by your school and district to take a Concurrent Enrollment class, you will need to register at the college of choice for your course(s), pay any fees (if applicable), and purchase your textbooks.
- Payment - The District will pre-pay your tuition minus Colorado Opportunity Fund (COF) up to two courses per semester (home school students have a six credit maximum per semester). Any student receiving a D or F, withdrawals after the drop date, or receives an Incomplete, will be held responsible (along with parent/guardian) for payment of tuition using the District’s RevTrak system. The District is not responsible for payment of any additional fees other than tuition. Additional fees owed to the college must be paid directly to the college and are the student’s responsibility.
Important Program Dates
St. Vrain Valley Schools
CU Student/Parent Resources
Colorado State University (click here for enrollment)
For questions about the concurrent enrollment process, please contact:
Assistant to Kahle Charles, Executive Director of Curriculum
St. Vrain Valley Schools