Dear St. Vrain Valley Community,
It has been an outstanding start to the academic year and I want to thank our students, families, teachers, staff and other partners for continuing to support St. Vrain Valley Schools’ drive for excellence in serving our community and advancing public education.
You are hereHome » About » District Departments » Investing in Innovation Grant (i3) » St. Vrain Valley School District i3 Project Summary
St. Vrain Valley School District i3 Project Summary
Schools included in this Project:
- Skyline HS
- Trail Ridge MS
- Heritage MS
- Columbine ES
- Loma Linda ES
- Rocky Mountain ES
- Spangler ES
5 Years beginning in fall 2010
Total Budget from Federal Funds:
Total Matching amount from private industry needed:
Student Population Served:
- Students at risk of failing in literacy at Title I schools
- Math students at risk of failing at Heritage and Trail Ridge
- STEM students at Skyline High School
- Target populations: At risk Students to include: Title I students (poverty and need ), Hispanic students, ELL students
Plan goals and highlights:
- Implement augmented school year for at risk students at Elementary schools involved. 7 weeks of Pre K – 5 summer intervention with a literacy and English Language Development focus.
- Implement an augmented middle school math program for at risk students using Navigator math intervention.
- Implement fully a STEM Academy at Skyline High School to include an augmented summer program for STEM students, interactive, hands-on, technology rich projects, a STEM coach and STEM PD for STEM staff.
- Implement Galileo at all sites as a formative assessment, progress monitoring tool.
- Implement the Digital Learning Collaborative at all sites to include integration of technology with training of site teams, data driven dialogue and use of technology donated by IBM.