Substitute Teacher Employment
Notice to Existing Substitute Teachers
Updated Email and Pay Stub Information
- If you have never used your district email, please contact HR to find out what your username and initial password are.
- If you know your username and password but have not used it in a while (over 60 days) go to http://pwreset.svvsd.org to reset it.
- The district's financial website (formally EOL) has moved to http://iv.svvsd.org (Infinite Visions). Here you can access your pay stubs and other personal information using the same username and password as used for district email, etc.
- Mandatory Summer Training 2017-2018 – Course: C111 - Mandatory Reporting and Standard Response Protocol
The application process to become a substitute teacher within the St. Vrain Valley School District requires applicants to complete the following steps:
- Acquire or hold an appropriate license
- Complete the application process and apply
- Attend the District's Substitute Teacher Orientation
The Colorado Department of Education issues teaching licenses to qualified applicants. The District requires that applicants hold one of the following State issued licenses:
- Colorado Teaching License (Professional and Initial Licenses are accepted)
- Colorado Substitute Authorization (3-year and 5-year authorizations are accepted)
- Additional licensing information
Apply for position
Substitute Teacher Orientation
Applicants must also complete a one hour Substitute Teacher Orientation. After the District pre-screens the applications, those that are selected to be hired will be contacted and scheduled for a Substitute Teacher Orientation.
District substitute teachers are paid according to the following rates (as of July 1, 2008):
$100.00 per full day
$50.00 per half day
$150.00 per full day long term
$75.00 per half day long term
Current substitute teachers have access to Aesop which allow substitutes to review current assignments, review available jobs, cancel a job, and review personal information.
The Substitute Handbook provides information and summarizes pertinent issues for substitute teachers.