You are hereHome » About » District Departments » Human Resources » Prospective Employees » District Hiring Process
District Hiring Process
St. Vrain Valley School District Hiring Process
Below are the steps you will take in order to finalize your employment:
- Search and apply for a job at St. Vrain
- Selected candidates will be interviewed
- Successful candidates will be offered position
- The Human Resources Office will contact the candidate to complete employment and payroll paperwork.
- Please bring proper identification to prove eligibility to work in the U.S. Most commonly used forms are as follows:
- Driver’s License or State Issued ID AND Social Security Card
- Driver’s License or State Issued ID AND Birth Certificate
- OR Current U.S. Passport
- Please bring a voided check with you for direct deposit authorization. All employees are required to have their wages directly deposited into their account or have their wages disbursed using PaychekPLUS! Elite Visa Payroll Card.
- If you are a licensed employee, you will need to bring your official transcripts, two letters of recommendation, a copy of your PLACE or PRAXIS test results and a copy of your teaching license.
If you are an instructional Paraprofessional, you will also need to bring your official transcripts to show highly qualified status for the position or a copy of the Paraeducator State Praxis or Work Keys Exam.
- Background Checks/Fingerprints
- All employees of St. Vrain School District are required to complete a background check and fingerprints.
- District employees will be charged $40.00 for their background check (deducted from first two pay checks) and will be responsible for paying the fingerprint charge.
- Fingerprint cards are due back no later than three business days after you receive the fingerprint card.
- Fingerprint locations can be found at the following: Fingerprint Agencies
- Upon completion of your employment paperwork, you will sign a Contract (licensed staff) or Notice of Assignment (classified staff).
- New employees have the option to schedule an orientation with the Benefits Department by speaking with the Human Resources Department Secretary at 303-682-7367.
- You will begin work on your designated start date mutually agreed upon by you, Human Resources and your district site supervisor.
For questions about employment and the application process, please contact the Department of Human Resources at 303-682-7367.
General business hours for the Department of Human Resources are 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday